George W. Bush Quotes: Immaculate Collection

Don't know about you folks, but this helps me lose weight.

Quotes by George W. Bush


“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.”
“The thing that's wrong with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur”
“You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.”
“Most imports are from outside of the country”
“I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well.”
“In my sentences I go where no man has gone before.”
“I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together.”
“Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness.”
“I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace.”
“There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.”
“To those of you who received honours, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States.”
“We are getting more and more imports from abroad”
“I admit it, I am not one of the great linguists.”
“This case has had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot.”
“It's exciting; I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way it goes.”
“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.”
“A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.”
“The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law.”
“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."
“When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive.”
“There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it.”
“I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging.”
“One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected.”
“I understand small business growth. I was one.”
“We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans.”
“I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman.”
“Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods.”
“What I'm against is quotas. I'm against hard quotas, quotas that basically delineate based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think, vulcanize society.”
“This is an impressive crowd: the Have's and Have-more's. Some people call you the elites. I call you my base.”
“The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants.”
 “We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House—make no mistake about it.”
“Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment.”
“We cannot let terrorists hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.”
“Saddam Hussein is a homicidal dictator who is addicted to weapons of mass destruction.”
“Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning?”
“Senator Kerry assures us that he's the one to win a war he calls a mistake, an error, and a diversion. But you can't win a war if you don't believe in fighting."
“It will take time to restore Chaos”
“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.”
“If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
“There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me.”
“States should have the right to enact... laws... particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live.”
“I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children.”
“There's no bigger task than protecting the homeland of our country.”
“Our Nation must defend the sanctity of marriage.”
“There's no question that the minute i got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead.”
“They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program.”
“This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve.”
“He can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road.”
“Will the highways on the Internet become more few?”
“You know what's interesting about Washington? It's the kind of place where second-guessing has become second nature.”
“I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineate based upon whatever.”
“That woman who knew I had dyslexia: I never interviewed her.”
“The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case.”
“This was not an act of terrorism, but it was an act of war.”
“This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating”
"I understand I'm running against a person who is so anxious to become president, he will do whatever it takes.”
“If you're asking me as the President, would I understand reality, I do.”
“It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.”
“I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”
“They're for tax cuts and against them. They're for NAFTA and against NAFTA. They're for the Patriot Act and against the Patriot Act. They're in favor of liberating Iraq, and opposed to it. And that's just one senator from Massachusetts.”
“We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor as you like to be liked yourself.”
“John Kerry could debate himself for ninty minutes.”
“I would like to thank Nasal Beard for that warm welcome. (Thanking Hazel Beard, mayor of Shreveport, Louisiana, in 1992)
“I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure.”
“I love to bring people into the oval office...and say, this is where I office.”
“Actually, I...this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about...when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me.”
“They misunderestimated me.”
“I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.”
“People make suggestions on what to say all the time. I'll give you an example; I don't read what's handed to me. People say, 'Here, here's your speech, or here's an idea for a speech.' They're changed. Trust me.”
“The administration I'll bring is a group of men and women who are focused on what's best for America, honest men and women, decent men and women, women who will see service to our country as a great privilege and who will not stain the house.”
“In an economic recession, I'd rather that in order to get out of this recession, that the people be spending their money, not the government trying to figure out how to spend the people's money.”
“More Muslims have died at the hands of killers than - I say more Muslims - a lot of Muslims have died - I don't know the exact count - at Istanbul. Look at these different places around the world where there's been tremendous death and destruction because killers kill.”
“It's going to be the year of the sharp elbow and the quick tongue.”
“I think war is a dangerous place.”
“The worst of Nature brings out the best in our fellow human beings.”
“Secondly, the tactics of our - as you know, we don't have relationships with Iran. I mean, that's - ever since the late '70s, we have no contacts with them, and we've totally sanctioned them. In other words, there's no sanctions - you can't - we're out of sanctions.”
“I don't make any apologies for what I do on the campaign trail.”
“First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill.”
“As you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say.”
“There is no such thing necessarily in a dictatorial regime of iron-clad absolutely solid evidence. The evidence I had was the best possible evidence that he had a weapon.”
“The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the—the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice.”
“I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating.”
“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”
“Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called "walking."”
“America is the land of the second chance - and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life.”
“The best way to find these terrorists who hide in holes is to get people coming forth to describe the location of the hole, is to give clues and data.”
“I think we agree, the past is over.”
“Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicine as we used to know it.”
“We are a nation of communities... a brilliant diversity spread like stars, like a thousand points of light in a broad and peaceful sky.”
“I'm the master of low expectations.”
“President Bush, testing the mic at the GOP convention:'Four score and seven years ago. We have come here to dedicate a portion of it as a final resting place. ... My fellow members of the press corps, especially the camera man, tax relief is on the way ... don't spend it all in one place.'”
“A tax cut is really one of the anecdotes to coming out of an economic illness.”
“The problem with golf is I have to deal with a humiliation factor. ”
“I don't bring God into my life to - to, you know, kind of be a political person.”
“I believe if you want to be negative you always can, no matter how hard you try.”
“I want to thank my friend, Senator Bill Frist, for joining us today. You're doing a heck of a job. You cut your teeth here, right? That's where you started practicing? That's good. He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me.”
“I didn't join the International Criminal Court because I don't want to put our troops in the hands of prosecutors from other nations. Look, if somebody has done some wrong in our military, we'll take care of it. We got plenty of capability of dealing with justice.”
“So thank you for reminding me about the importance of being a good mom and a great volunteer as well.”
“As long as I sit in this chair, all future catastrophes will be planned by me.”
“We can't allow the world's worst leaders to blackmail, threaten, hold freedom-loving nations hostage with the world's worst weapons.”
“... if you find a person that you've never seen before getting in a crop duster that doesn't belong to you -- report it.”
“What is the noble cause our children are being asked to die for?”
“Our nation is somewhat sad, but we're angry. There's a certain level of blood lust, but we won't let it drive our reaction. We're steady, clear-eyed and patient, but pretty soon we'll have to start displaying scalps.”
“Some Americans want us to withdraw our troops, so we can escape the violence,”
“I have never said I am against the monarchy. I think they are a harmless, rather odd little family.”
“Senator Kerry has been in Washington long enough to take both sides on just about every issue.”


OK, cool... I think that's enough to make history.

BTW, speaking of history:

“The true history of my administration will be written 50 years from now, and you and I will not be around to see it.”
(George W. Bush)

Comments